Jan 12, 2018

It Will Pass

It's dark and cold
I took out my long striped pants, my old shabby long sleeves t-shirt, and a pair of Alain Delon socks
I wore them all
Earpods inserted in, music's playing, I felt calm at the moment
The sorrow went away
The pain flew away
I sang along, danced along, imagining that I was the heroine in the music video
"Oh we made quite a mess babe, It's probably better off this way", I muttered the lyrics
"And I wish I could run to you, and I hope you know that every time I don't, I almost do"
This hit right in my heart
My heart skipped a beat
The feeling is surreal
I denied, and I changed the song, to stop me from overthinking

I turned off my phone, getting rid of the distraction
The evilest kind of intrusion
I took out my antibody notes
I tried to read it
"FAB region is the antigen binding site"
I thought, it's kind of easy
I continued reading
It's getting harder and harder
It seemed that I haven't learn a thing
It seemed blank
I realized, I was such a slow reader, slow learner
Everybody was 10 steps ahead of me
I was still on the first week's lecture note
And we were just getting ready to start our week 4
It knocked my heart and my conscience 
"Do I deserve to be here?"
"Do I deserve to take somebody else's place?"
I shed my tears with the end of my t-shirt's sleeves
I felt weak and delicate
I took back my cellphone
And 'All Falls Down' started to play in my head

It's midnight
I checked my notification on my cellphone
Nothing was up
I bet, perhaps it was the wifi
I refreshed again and again
Nothing
The moment that I felt down
The moment that I was at my worst
The moment that I needed help
The moment that I needed shoulder to cry on
The moment that I needed ears to spill to
No one was there 
No one asked, "How's your day?"
No one asked, "Are you okay?"
I threw away my phone
The tension was there, but I was not that strong to let it all out
I was not a fan of attention
I chose to be introverted
I remained silent 

I turned off the lights
It was my favorite part of the day
Keeping myself in my mom's cold fluffy old blanket 
Changing the fan level to the slowest
I lay down on my bed with a soft pink bed sheet on it
I tried to close my eyes
I tried
But I kept on overthinking of the consequences 
Of what would happen next
"What's next, what's next?", I murmured 
It disturbed my mind
I  got up and stood on my feet
I took my ablution
I spread my praying mat
I know it's the perfect remedy for my bad day
In the last sujood, I made dua'
I spoke my loved ones' names'
I told God how I was feeling
I told God how I was struggling 
I told God how I have been tormenting
And I told God, 
Why was I thinking this way
Why was I acting like a child
Why couldn't I remain patient
I know He would answer my prayers
Sooner or later
Thus that put me in ease

At the end of the day
I realized one thing
It was just a bad day, not a bad life
I thought, 
When we are stranded at our lowest point
The turning point is 
Get back to God
Pray and make dua'
Make dua'
And make dua'

Later I realized
God had answered my prayers one by one
I didn't even realise that
Until I tried to solve the puzzles
It was done
That was it
I might could not memorise the way that led to it
But I knew it was already done, beautifully
It shall pass
It will pass






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post ♥